Parent and Supporter Events
Throughout the year, Parent and Family Programs hosts several events that connect families and supporters to Cal Poly. Be sure to mark your calendars and join us on the following dates. We look forward to seeing you!
September 2020 Dates TBD
Mustang Move-In is a family experience! Begin your weekend by getting your Mustang settled in their room, meeting new roommates and exploring campus. Before your student meets their Week of Welcome (WOW) group, we invite you to join us at the following events.
Gathering on the Green
Out-of-state parents, supporters and students are invited to celebrate and relax after move-in. This reception is a great opportunity for families from outside of California to meet and mingle, make connections and share tips on how to best support new students who are far from home. Light refreshments will be provided.
Evening with the President
Parents and supporters are invited to enjoy a reception with fellow incoming Mustang families to connect with President Armstrong and celebrate the beginning of your student’s Cal Poly journey. Light refreshments will be provided.
Following the reception, join the campus community to help welcome new students at Big Fall Welcome in Spanos Stadium. With your student already in their WOW group, you'll have the unique opportunity to witness the spirited start of fall quarter.
Mustang Family Weekend
October 23-25, 2020
Discover your student's home away from home! At Mustang Family Weekend, you and your family will:
- Explore campus through interactive tours and hikes.
- Engage in Learn by Doing lectures and labs led by esteemed faculty.
- Enjoy special events, live music and fun activities.
- Attend athletic and performing arts events throughout the weekend.*
... and so much more! Registration is for the entire family and includes:
- One weekend parking pass.
- One Cal Poly swag bag.
- Receptions with light appetizers, live music and fun activities.
- Entrance to exclusive events and programming throughout the weekend.