Poly Parent News: January 2021
This Month's Newsletter
Dear Parents and Supporters,
Happy New Year! We hope that you enjoyed your holidays and that your family is healthy and well.
Winter quarter kicks off a long stretch of academic focus for our students. Unlike fall quarter that concludes with a long holiday break, winter quarter segues into spring quarter with only one short week in between. This is a great time of year to consider sending a care package or some encouraging notes to your Mustang.
As we more forward into the academic year, please continue to monitor the Cal Poly Coronavirus website for campus updates and encourage your Mustang to help slow the spread of COVID-19 by wearing masks, practicing social distancing and washing their hands. If your student has recently recovered from COVID-19, please remind them to not let their guard down as immunity from this virus is not completely understood.
Thank you for your ongoing support! Enjoy this month’s edition of Poly Parent News.
Parent and Family Programs Team
Mustang Family Green and Gold Packs include an exclusive Cal Poly Mustang Family T-shirt (available in multiple quantities and sizes), one 32 oz. Cal Poly Nalgene bottle, one Cal Poly face mask, one Cal Poly Mustang Family sticker and one Cal Poly Proud Family car decal. Order yours today!
View the Cal Poly Roadmap for a Healthy Campus website for updates and information about student testing requirements, daily health screenings, COVID-19 updates, campus safety measures, winter quarter academics, health services and more. Learn more.
The Kennedy Library is offering two options for obtaining library materials this quarter: in-person contactless pickup with increased hours and off-campus delivery. Learn more.
Safer, Cal Poly's confidential resource for addressing sexual assault, intimate partner violence and stalking, is hosting Stalking Awareness and Prevention Month through the digital campaign “Know the Case, Reclaim the Space.” Learn more.
The Cal Poly Pride Center supports and empowers people of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions on campus. Learn more.
Access and download the Cal Poly"What's Up Now" guide to view virtual campus events happening throughout winter quarter. Learn more.
Letting go: Advice for parents of college freshmen
Karen Coburn, author of “Letting Go: A Parents’ Guide to Understanding the College Years,” answers questions about the challenges freshmen face on campus. Watch the video.
- Cal Poly's 12th CubeSat Mission Wings Into Space in a Novel Way
- 'You Guys Are Making The World a Better Place.' Astronaut Victor Glover Inspires Black Cal Poly Students From Space
- Speeches with Horses and Taste-Testing Burritos: How Quarter Plus Program Helped Students Get Ahead Even in a Pandemic
- 'We’ve Made the Best Out of a Difficult Situation.' Kennedy Library's Virtual Programs Help Students Succeed
- President Armstrong: Updated Plans and New Testing Requirements for Winter Quarter
- Partnership Brings Cal Poly Cheese, Eggs and Milk to Schools
- Student Pilots Program to Help Professors, Students Talk About Racial, Social Injustice in Engineering
- Cal Poly Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
- Roadmap for a Healthy Campus
- Office of the Registrar Calendars and Deadlines
- Student Accounts Dates and Deadlines
- University Housing Dates and Deadlines
- Cal Poly Events
- What's Up Now Guide
- Parent Philanthropy
- Parent and Supporter Communication Sign-Up
- Follow Parent and Family Programs on Facebook and Instagram
- View Past Poly Parent Newsletters
- Contact Cal Poly